Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations

robgeorge9935
I want to make sure everything is in place for Colandr to start automatically uploading/recommending new citations.

(1) Do 10 articles have to be in the "Finished" Data Extraction bin for colandr to start recommending articles?

(2) Where will the recommended articles start showing up? I'm guessing they will show up in the "unscreened" citation screening.

(3) How long should this process take once the 10 articles are finished?

Thank you!

Re: Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations

colandrteam
Administrator
For recommending new citations (at the title and abstract level): answers to your questions

(1) You just need 10 citations screened in the citation screening area.

(2) Recommended articles will show up in unscreened citations - and make sure you have them sorted by relevance

(3) Depending on how complex your citations are and how many citations you have - it should be relatively instantaneous but no longer than a minute or two.

Re: Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations

robgeorge9935
Thank you for your reply. I have 16 papers included in my citation screening section but have yet to receive any auto-recommended papers from Colandr. Is it possible my research is just too specific? Or maybe there is a step I am missing?

Re: Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations

colandrteam
Administrator
Hi

I think you might be interpreting colandr as a citation recommendation platform - we do not link to any citation databases - therefore - the machine learning is using information from what you include and exclude to suggest citations that are more likely to relevant from a citation file that you have uploaded.

for example, if you upload the results of a search that has 1000 citations - then you screen 10 of those citations (tagging as included or excluded) - colandr will resort your list of unscreened citations so that the most relevant based on what you just screened show up first.

hope that makes sense!

Re: Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations

robgeorge9935
Oh I see. Okay that makes sense. Sorry about the confusion! Thank you so much!

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5:48 PM colandrteam [via Colandr Community Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I think you might be interpreting colandr as a citation recommendation platform - we do not link to any citation databases - therefore - the machine learning is using information from what you include and exclude to suggest citations that are more likely to relevant from a citation file that you have uploaded.

for example, if you upload the results of a search that has 1000 citations - then you screen 10 of those citations (tagging as included or excluded) - colandr will resort your list of unscreened citations so that the most relevant based on what you just screened show up first.

hope that makes sense!

http://colandr-community-forum.296154.n8.nabble.com/Colandr-Auto-Citation-Recommendations-tp41p44.html
To unsubscribe from Colandr Auto Citation Recommendations, click here.
NAML

--
Rob George
Northern Arizona University